Eleni has been with the firm since 2007. She is a graduate of the law school of the University of Thrace where she obtained her LL.B, and of the Athens University of Business and Economics, where she obtained a MSc in Tax Law. She has been with Kelemenis & Co. since 2007 and focuses on international tax, corporate taxation, customs/excise taxes, energy taxation, corporate/commercial law and employment law. She regularly advises multinationals on corporate taxation matters relating to the establishment, financing, operation and restructuring of their Greek subsidiaries. She also specializes in the taxation of regulated industries (e.g. energy, pharmaceuticals, capital markets) on the tax planning, acquisition, sales and restructuring of regulated businesses. Eleni’s practice also covers corporate employment matters ranging from the structuring of employment contracts, working hours, overtime, fringe benefits and leave entitlement to health and safety at work and secondment arrangements.
- Corporate Taxation
- International Tax
- Energy Taxation
- Real Estate Tax Law
- Customs/Excise Taxes
- Corporate/Commercial, Corporate Employment.
LL.B (University of Thrace);
MSc (Athens University of Business and Economics).
Athens Bar Association, Multilaw
- Chevron/Texaco on tax compliance with Greek direct and indirect taxation.
- Metaxa on VAT refund from the Greek State
- China Development Bank on Greek direct taxation and stamp duty arising from a €94-million credit facility in Greece.
- London-based fund, Warwick Capital Partners, on the tax structure and planning of acquisitions and dealing, among others, to equity contributions, financing, withholding tax on interest payments, VAT, real estate tax and stamp duty exemption.
- The South East Europe Coordinated Auction Office (SEE-CAO) in Montenegro on its partnering and tax compliance arrangements the TSOs, national energy regulators and agencies, and the energy ministries of Southeast Europe to facilitate national tax and invoicing procedures with the operational needs of SEE-CAO
- GE on employment compliance, secondment and contractual matters.
Legal 500 2015
Eleni Pitsa at Kelemenis & Co has a good track record of employment matters. Clients include Metaxa, Petrolina, General Electric and Granite (on Employment).
Legal 500 2015
Kelemenis & Co’s clients include China Development Bank, Chevron, General Electric and Metaxa. Senior associate Eleni Pitsa is very active in tax matters (on Tax).
Eleni Pitsa, “Greece”, in How to Hire and Fire:
A Global Guide by Multilaw (e-book), Multilaw: 2015, pp. 369 – 385
Eleni Pitsa, “Spin-offs: Transfer of Business Sectors or Aggregates of Assets and Liabilities” in Greek Law Digest:
The ultimate legal guide to investing in Greece, Athens: Nomiki Bibliothiki, 2012, pp. 256- 261.