Corporate & Commercial
Corporate & Commercial. Kelemenis & Co. is dedicated to working across the full spectrum of corporate and commercial matters. Its experience ranges from day-to-day corporate governance and company formation to complicated cross-border transactions, international joint ventures and private and public M&As, project finance, private equity and venture capital, deal structuring and compliance, and corporate real estate. The firm regularly advises large multinationals, financial institutions, international law firms and private equity and venture capital funds on cross-border investments, partnering and shareholders’ arrangements, corporate structuring and regulatory matters. In doing so, it often deploys auditors, accountants, tax consultants, recruiters and marketers for those clients who wish to be rendered a full range of corporate services.
An indicative list of subject matter covered by our firm includes:
- Commercial agreements;
- Company incorporation and company secretariat work;
- Competition and antitrust;
- Consumer protection and product liability;
- Corporate finance;
- Distribution and agency agreements;
- Due diligence work;
- Joint ventures;
- Licensing arrangements;
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins;
- Manufacturing and supply agreements;
- Partnership and shareholding agreements;
- Restructuring, insolvency and spin-offs;
- Strategic alliances;
- Transfer of assets and businesses; and
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for all local subsidiaries of Chevron/Texaco on all their corporate and commercial matters.
- Representation of Metaxa on a wide variety of corporate, contractual and regulatory matters.
- Acting for Colliers on a wide regional restructuring exercise.
- Acting for China Development Bank in a €94m project finance facility in the Greek energy sector.
- Acting for Alpha Bank (as lead arranger and bondholder agent) in connection to security interests for a €95m syndicated loan to a Greek listed company.
- Representation of Baring Private Equity Fund, one of the largest and most established independent private equity firms in Asia, in contemplated acquisitions of equity and debt in Greek public companies.
- Advice to Cargill on the development and sale of custom tailored over-the-counter risk management products.
- Advising Shelman, a listed producer of a wide range of wood products, on a demerger.
Chevron/Texaco, General Electric, Metaxa, Absolut Vodka, Cargill, Caterpillar, AON, Colliers International, Haagen Dazs, Nokia, Logitech, Shelman, Adecco, Arch Insurance Europe, Soya Mills, Navteq, Baring Private Equity Fund, Metaxa, FTI Touristik GmbH.
Clients praise Ioanna Lazaridou for her proactivity, efficiency and practical mindset. She heads the practice and focuses on M&A in particular.
This dynamic firm continues to impress clients with its responsiveness, flexibility and commercial astuteness. The firm is a leader in the energy sector and frequently undertakes regulatory work and project financing, with an increasingly visible footprint in corporate and M&A.
Glowing praise for its dynamic team of “seasoned individuals” helps this firm climb in the rankings this year. The lawyers’ strong commercial understanding, responsiveness and availability are distinctive strengths, say clients. The firm advises Chevron on all work relating to its lubricants subsidiary in Greece. Managing partner Yannis Kelemenis is the main contact for clients, who appreciate that they can “always get in touch with him when needed.”
Kelemenis & Co. exhibits “considerable depth and quality” in core specialisms in the hospitality and energy sectors. “Cross-border transactional expert” Tom Kyriakopoulos has been advising Chevron on all legal aspects of its Greek lubricants subsidiary.
Kelemenis & Co. has an international focus to its corporate practice. The firm has recently acted for Barclays, as majority shareholders in Greek subsidiary Youtravel.com, on an acquisition bid for the company by Western & Oriental. The energy sector is also a strong focus. Partners Yannis Kelemenis and Tom Kyriakopoulos come highly recommended for their “high professionalism and versatility”.