Kelemenis & Co.’s insurance practice deals with both litigation and regulatory compliance and has acted for several international (e.g. Arch Insurance Group, AXA Insurance, AON, DAS) and domestic clients. The firm’s practice covers all aspects of regulatory compliance, such as licensing, reporting and representing in proceedings with the local supervisory authority. The members of the (re)insurance department have built a reputation for their pragmatic outlook and business-oriented approach while dealing with complex regulatory issues and large-volume litigation.
Recent highlights include:
- Advised Arch Insurance Group on a wide range of regulatory issues arising from standing policies in Greece.
- Has been selected to act as the sole legal advisor of the administratively appointed liquidator of General Union, one of the largest Greek insurers to be placed in compulsory winding-up proceedings.
- Assists the Greek MTPL Auxiliary Fund in the structuring of a possible run-off transfer of MTPL business portfolios.
- Advised insurance broker AON on the acquisition of one of the largest business portfolios in Greece held by a listed brokerage company.
- Acts for AXA Insurance on defending insurance claims.
- Acted for clients of DAS on defending Greek claims.
- Has been recently acting for several UK law firms (e.g. Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, Mullis & Peake LLP, Thomson Snell & Passmore, and Bond Pearce LLP) on insurance-related matters.
Arch Insurance Group, AXA Insurance, AON, DAS, General Union, Greek MTPL Auxiliary Fund, Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, Mullis & Peake, Thomson Snell & Passmore, Bond Pearce.
The Kelemenis team is driven by the twin lights of Konstantina Soultati and Ioanna Lazaridou. … In corporate matters the team acted for … AON on the acquisition of a listed insurance portfolio.
Konstantina Soultati is a busy adviser on insurance regulatory and transactional matters. The firm advised Arch Insurance on litigation and regulatory matters arising from standing policies in Greece.