Litigation & Arbitration
The firm is well known for its leading litigation practice, which advises on all aspects of contentious aspects of corporate and financial transactions; nearly all the firm’s lawyers can display a solid litigation record. Kelemenis & Co. maintains an aggressive approach to litigation, often pushing successfully for provisional measures and injunctions. Its approach is consistently hands-on and is meant to be detailed and thorough in preparation. The firm undertakes all types of dispute resolutions before all types of courts and tribunals dealing with commercial matters.
It can thus provide clients with a comprehensive and reliable service that covers the litigation and arbitration of all types of commercial disputes, including:
- Contractual disputes;
- Administrative disputes;
- Shareholder litigation;
- Partnership disputes;
- Maritime and international trade;
- Intellectual property disputes;
- Banking & finance;
- Insurance litigation; and
Recent highlights include:
- Representation of Southern Coal Corporation in a €39m claim arising from the sale of metallurgical coal to a Greek company.
- Representation of medical technology company Stryker in arbitration proceedings before International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Acting for GE Healthcare in a wide variety of administrative and legal proceedings in connection with public tenders in Greece.
- Acting for Greek Transmission System Operator (TSO) in a €100m claim against two power suppliers.
- Representation of Chevron/Texaco on all its litigation and dispute resolution matters in Greece.
- Acting for DEPA (Greek Public Gas Corporation) in administrative, criminal and arbitration proceedings in relation to both regulatory and commercial matters.
GE Healthcare, Greek Transmission System Operator (TSO), Southern Coal, Stryker, DAS, Chevron/Texaco, Absolut Vodka, Royal Canin, Public Gas Corporation (DEPA).
This firm is well reputed for its dispute resolution work, particularly in the energy and leisure sectors. Highlights include acting for the Greek Independent Power Transmission Operator (ADMIE) on litigation against two power suppliers who defaulted with their payments, and successfully representing the Greek brewery of Atalanti in a claim against Anheuser-Busch InBev relating to the termination of a distribution relationship.
This full-service player … provides a solid corporate service while distinguishing itself in the disputes field.
This “very service-minded, co-operative and approachable” team offers litigation and arbitration services and caters to both Greek and international clients. Standout mandates include representing Breas Medical, a Swedish subsidiary of the GE Healthcare Group, in a claim brought by a Greek former distributor. The team also acted for Aegean Power in an administrative action against the state over the payment of public service obligations by Greek energy companies. Despite his busy practice, group head Yannis Kelemenis “is always available to help us with any question we might have”, remarked one client.
The team excels in cross-border transactions and investment disputes, and is led by the “confident, talented and relaxed” Yannis Kelemenis.