Call Us: +30 210 3612800 Email: enquirieskelemenis.com
Iro has been with the firm since 2008. She is a graduate of the law school of the University of Athens where she obtained her LL.B. (1st class) holding scholarships of the State Scholarships Foundation for her performance throughout her undergraduate studies. She has pursued postgraduate studies at the University of Heidelberg in Germany, where she obtained a LL.M. in Corporate Law. She has then obtained a Ph.D. in Corporate Law at the University of Athens. Iro focuses on corporate and commercial law, including banking and finance as well as M&As, and has acted for several corporates in arbitration proceedings, both national and international, and in dispute resolution of a civil or commercial nature. Iro is authorized to appear before the Court of Appeal.
- Banking & Finance
- Civil & Commercial Litigation & Arbitration
LL.B. (University of Athens);
LL.M. (University of Heidelberg),
Ph.D. (University of Athens)
Greek, English, German, French
Athens Bar Association, Multilaw, First Law International
Indicative Clients & Cases
- A regional car dealer against the Italian car manufacturer Fiat in relation to clientele indemnity due to termination of the relevant distribution agreement.
- London-based fund, Warwick Capital, on the Greek legal framework for the lease of commercial property and for asset and share acquisitions.
- Aquis Hotels and Resorts in relation to a €20m acquisition of a hotel company in Crete.
- China Development Bank in two project finance facilities in Greece of, respectively, €94 million and €80 million.
- The syndicate of seven Greek banks in a (bond) loan of €95-million in connection of the security interests arising from the refinancing of the bank debt of a Greek listed group of companies from the food industry.
- The Swiss branch of Stryker, the leading medical technology company, in relation to an exclusive distribution agreement governed by Greek law and subject to arbitration before the ICC Court.
Iro Stamataki, “The content of the articles of association of the Greek SA”
in Synigoros, vol. 106, 2014, pp. 42-43.
Iro I. Stamataki, Contractual Freedom in the Société Anonyme, Athens:
Nomiki Bibliothiki, 2014, pp. xxxvi + 453
Iro Stamataki, “Greece: On-going legal reform as a key to social change and financial growth in Greece” in IFLR 1000 – The Guide of the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms 2014, London:
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2013, pp. 3/164-3/165.
Iro Stamataki, "Arbitration: Greece", in PLC Cross Border Dispute Resolution Handbook, Vol. 2, 2010/2011, London:
Practical Law Company, pp. 91-97.